Sophie Reeve is a London-based artist creating ceramic sculptures and patterned fabrics. Whether working in the two or three dimensional world, the designs are inspired by curious places and imaginative objects; antiques pieces, small museums, eccentric collections, interesting knick knacks, off-beat neighbourhoods. Working in intricate detail and playful miniatures, her work is designed to bring some whimsical character to your home.
We are delighted to be selling Sophie's toy theatre inspired ceramic piece at Pollock's Toy Museum. For a closer look, pop in to our museum shop!
Materials / Process
- Hand built using stoneware clay
- Design hand painted with underglaze
- Shiny finish created with glaze coating
- Made at Sophie's home in Hackney
- Each piece is fired twice at a kiln firing service at an artist-run studio in Bermondsey
- Sophie is a self-taught ceramic artist living in London. Find out more at sophiereevedesigns.com
- Hand built and painted
- Includes 3 theatre figures
- Size: 14 x 25 x 13cm
- As this is a one-off, handbuilt piece, natural irregularities and imperfections are what make each piece unique